Swanstone sinks are a popular choice for many homeowners due to their durability and resistance to scratches, stains, and impact. However, even the best Swanstone sinks available in the market require proper cleaning and maintenance to ensure they retain their beautiful appearance and longevity. By cleaning your swanstone sink regularly, you will be able to get the most usable years from your sink.
In this article, we will go over some tips and tricks on how to clean a Swanstone sink and keep it looking its best for years to come. Whether you’re dealing with everyday grime or stubborn stains, we’ve got you covered with effective and safe cleaning methods that will leave your Swanstone sink looking sparkling clean
Materials Needed For Cleaning A Swanstone Sink
The first step is gathering all the necessary tools and materials to clean the swanstone sink effectively. You will need the following items:
A. Mild detergent: Mild Detergents successfully clear out daily food stains and spots on the swanstone sink without damaging its quality.
B. Soft cloth or sponge: Never use a steel scrubber on swanstone sinks. Soft cloth and sponge are gentle on the swanstone sink surface. They prevent scratches and do not tarnish the smooth finish of the sink.
C. Baking soda: Baking soda works magic in eliminating bad odors and nasty stains.
D. White vinegar: It dissolves hard water sediments lime and calcium deposits which can be later rinsed off easily.
E. Scouring pad (for tough stains): Nylon scouring pads are useful to remove more stubborn food stains, grime, and other build-ups.
Step-By-Step Cleaning Instructions
Cleaning has two approaches- daily Cleaning and deep Cleaning. Both are essentially required for extending the quality lifespan of swanstone sinks. Let’s take a look at both methodical cleaning procedures
1. Daily Cleaning
Daily Cleaning refers to a soft and gentle routine wipe of the swanstone sink. It takes less time and effort. Daily Cleaning can be accomplished with limited materials and steps.
- Rinse the sink with water: Start by rinsing the sink with tap water thoroughly. This removes any loose particles and fades stains.
- Wipe the sink with mild detergent and a soft cloth or sponge: Now, use a mixture of mild detergent and water to cleanse the sink. Pour some liquid and let it sit on the sink for 5-7 mins so that grim particles get loose. Dip a soft wipe cloth or sponge in the mixture and rub the entire sink uniformly, especially the stains. Start with the sink sides and go all the way to the middle. Try to push down all grime in the drain. The mild soap solution will leave your sink shiny as new. Spic and span scum free.
- Rinse the sink with water again: After a generous wipe, Flush out your swanstone sink with a fresh stream of water to clear any remaining soap and scum. There you are with your spotless swanstone sink.
2. Deep Cleaning
Deep Cleaning must be carried out every month to get rid of tough stains, hard grime, and build-ups from the sink. It requires more time, effort, and materials to clean the swanstone sink deeply. Deep Cleaning is required to avoid any serious damage to the surface of the swanstone sink.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the sink surface: Baking soda acts as a softener. It has anti-odor properties that remove foul smell from the sink. Let’s face it, the sink does not smell like a garden. Food remnants, grease, and grime can lead to a bad-smelling sink. Baking soda vanishes all these funky odors from the swanstone sink drain as well.
- Spray white vinegar on baking soda: Spraying vinegar on baking soda creates effervescence and releases carbon dioxide. This bubbling reaction effectively cleans dirt and grime. It also melts down the accumulated lime deposits, calcium, and other sediments. Remember to rub while the mixture is still bubbling.
- Scrub the sink with a scouring pad or soft cloth, paying extra attention to tough stains: After every dirt has dissolved, use a nylon scouring pad to take out hard-to-fade stains on the sink. You can use some soap cleanser as well. Scouring pads are designed to apply more pressure on the tough stains, so they come off faster. Scrub harder to remove stubborn yellow food spots or any hard water stains. Alternatively, you can also use a soft cloth.
- Rinse the sink with water: After you see all stains and grime have come off, simply rinse every inch of the swanstone sink with a nice flow of water to remove all soapy residue. Now you have a scum-free swanstone sink ready.
Tips For Maintaining A Clean Swanstone Sink
Like any sink, swanstone sinks require regular cleaning and maintenance to keep them looking their best. We have discussed some tips for maintaining a clean Swanstone sink, including the cleaning products and tools to avoid, and how to avoid damaging the sink’s surface during cleaning. By following these tips, you can keep your Swanstone sink looking beautiful and extend its lifespan for many years to come.
1. Avoid Using Abrasive Cleaners Or Metal Scouring Pads
Abrasive cleaners compose of highly concentrated chemicals that are harsh on the swanstone sink. Using abrasive cleaners results in white spots and a rough texture on the sink surface. Steel or metal scouring pads must be strictly avoided to clean the swanstone sink. Rubbing it can rip off the finish and coating on the swanstone sink.
2. Clean Up Spills And Stains Immediately
If left unattended, Oil spills and food stains can make a permanent mark on the swanstone sink surface. The longer you take, the harder it will be to clean it later. Therefore, it’s best to immediately wash off the stains and spills with soapy water and a sponge to avoid any yellow spots. In long run, it will save your efforts on rubbing out a stubborn stain.
3. Regularly Wipe Down The Sink With Mild Detergent To Prevent The Build-up Of Grime
Daily Cleaning of the sink is necessary to prevent the build-up of grime. Grime can get accumulated over days if the sink is not wiped with water and mild cleanser. Hence, after use makes, it a habit to wipe down the sink thoroughly. It will reduce the complications of deep Cleaning later on.
4. Take Extra Care When Cleaning Around The Sink’s Edges And Corners
Most people focus on cleaning just the inner areas of the sink. But most grime and scum accumulate at corners and sink edges. Treat these areas with more attention and remember to clean them with baking soda and vinegar every month.
We are done and dusted. You can follow these simple step-by-step cleaning guides to maintain your swanstone sink in the best condition. Consistency is the key to cleanliness. Do not skip any steps or any day. Everyday Cleaning may seem ineffective, but it can do wonders for the lifespan of the swanstone sink.
Swanstone sinks indeed possess stellar strength and durability, but they cannot last long if kept unclean. Even the toughest materials demand maintenance. Therefore follow the ideal cleaning routine for a spic and span swanstone sink.